Review: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon


Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I liked this book and I'm glad I read it, but I didn't love it. The story is wonderfully set in Ireland which I enjoyed. The characters are mostly great and the writing is good but sometimes a little oversimplistic.

Symopsis:
From the moment she sets foot at her new school in Ireland, Megan is inexplicably drawn to the darkly handsome Adam DeRis. But Megan soon discovers that her feelings for Adam are tied to a supernatural fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that unites them could be their ultimate destruction.

Review:
While reading the story I felt a little disengaged from the main character-Megan. I don't know whether its because she seemed to have little personality or whether it was her seventeen year old POV but at times I wanted to scream at her for her one-tracked mind. Especially when it came to Adam.

Personally, if I'd meant an eighteen year old boy that was so compassionate about me, I too would probably never want to leave him. But at times I felt the romance was a bit overkill. I love a nice swoony lead man but it was a little too much in very inappropriate places. Such as the training session where they seemed unable to take their hands (or eyes) off each other. I mean, there were three other people there trying to help with her training and all she can do is snog Adam in front of them? Awkward!

The story continues and picks up the pace to a suitable conclusion however another thing that affected me was the fact that Adam had to have a kidney removed. A KIDNEY REMOVED-SERIOUS STUFF!!! And all Megan can do is go gooey over his love for her, his kisses and caresses....yeah, that didn't ring true either.

Overall I will read the next one, and am keen to find out where the story takes me but at little less self-indulgence wouldn't go amiss.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from fellow readers. Write a message!