Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Synopsis:
Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance

Review:
This book had so much hype I had to read it. I've never read Stiefvater before so really didn't know what I was getting in to.

First off, the characters were too ordinary. Despite the fact that Sam is a wolf he's just a half-human/half-wolf. He has no flair or excitement about him. No real back story except oh yeah he happens to be a wolf. Grace is a little too dull for my liking. And the friends seem to be too stereotypical friends. The bitchy one (Isabel) then the fun one (Olivia). Grace has parents who again, stereotypically, don't particularly like the new boyfriend etc etc.

It's a really slow read, not a great storyline, too many parallels to Twilight for my liking, and random poems thrown in to make it a little bit arty.

The book did make me shiver, but not in a good way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from fellow readers. Write a message!