Review: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I absolutely ADORE Ash from the previous books so I hoped this would be one of those rare treats that we could finally see into his mind.
But I was a little disappointed. Apart from a few stories such as how his sword was created there was very little in the way of his court life except when he was with Ariella. I would have liked to read more about his childhood, if he had any friends (obviously not, except Puck) and get more of his personality. Little was ever revealed.
I was a little disappointed with his reactions to Ariella. I really didn't want him to have second thoughts about Meghan, especially as the quest they were all on was to win the final prize. So his constant 'should I-shouldn't I' did irk me a little.
That being said he did prove to be the true to his word.
The last thing that annoyed me was the last scenes were too short. We all wanted time for them to be together finally and to see how happy they were. I guess we'll have to leave that to our imaginations!

Marks knocked off for:-
Story - didn't like Ariella (thought the author could have come up with something else instead)
Story - Lack of background, I mean, we've got Ash here!! Tell us!! But no.
Ending - To end the series I wanted a little bit more. We've already gone through the books and ebooks to get here. Just a few more pages?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from fellow readers. Write a message!