Review: Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban


Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review:
Our story takes us on an adventure of Princess Andrea. Stubborn and hearty she wants to be a Page only to have her father turn down her request. He wants her to join her mother and learn to be a Lady as is fitting of her status.
Andrea is gutsy, intelligent and quick witted. She meets her Uncle at some rocks near a beach and is soon to discover that the cave/archway is actually a portal to another world.
Andrea resumes her life and learns her Lady skills to a degree but she is not completely happy in her world.When she accidently goes over to the other side she meets her Uncle again and discovers his other life, meets his daughter and gets to know John, a boy that catches her fancy.
This book captured me from the beginning and I was expecting something else if I'm honest. It started like Alanna by Tamora Pierce and ended completely NOT like Alanna.
I thought the descriptive writing was superb, this author has such a flare for english and can captivate you with the story.
It doesn't matter that some of the characters are downright annoying (Kelsey for instance) I think that was the authors intention.
Andrea does at times act much younger than her age, she is sometimes a little slow (but we can forgive that) and she's impulsive. But that's what I like in a heroine. She's still growing up after all.
 Altogether I thought it was a great read. I'm not sure about the target market as originally I though 10-12 years, but then ended up being 14-16 years, however I'm sure the older audience will enjoy this book also.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from fellow readers. Write a message!