Review: Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins


Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins  

Publishers: HarperTeen
Published Date: May 1st 2012
From: Bought
My rating:
5 out of 5

Synopsis:

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?
Review:
Okay, so after looking at Goodreads I think that everyone and her dog has read this book. But I'm a little slow on the uptake and I'm a little behind on my reading.

This isn't going to be a long review, as so many others have written everything I wanted to say.

Firstly, I like it when you're so hooked in a book that you look down at your kindle and realise you're only 45% into it. Yay, still 55% to go and Loving It!!

That's what happened when I read Sweet Evil. A story of a girl, unaware of her status in the world but sure that something's off because of her ability to judge aura's and emotions. What I loved most about Anna was that she really was a good girl. Right down to the praying and thinking well of everyone. Even when they weren't that good back to her.

The bad boy who desperately doesn't want to be so is Kaiden, and he really does give me goosebumps in a really good way. Yes, he's got his 'job' to do, and I felt Anna's heartbreak when he left the room on the trip to complete his 'work' (heartbreak city ahoy). But his reluctance the last night was a sweet gesture and my opinions really changed for the better at that point. Kaiden drove me nuts though, quite a few times actually, especially the Halloween party. But he stuck with her until the end. Got to love an anti-hero!

There are so many emotional tugs in this book, if you like tears, laughter, jealousy, envy, lust and all the rest then this book is for you because it's full of it. And I don't just mean the Dukes! (Read the book, you'll understand!)

A great read, I wished I'd picked it up earlier. And once you do, look out for the extras - links are below this post.

Sweet Peril (Book 2) will be out on April 30th. It's going to be a sizzler, I'm sure!!

-CB x
 





You can reach Wendy Higgins here:


Available from Amazon:

    

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book so much, I just read it not too long ago also felt like one of the last people to read it but, hey that means we have less time to wait for the sequel!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from fellow readers. Write a message!